4 Ekim 2012 Perşembe

Creating Vocabulary Profiler




Prism is suitable for the vocabulary profiler for it use of commonness among the other words. Even if we do not use the words so much in our daily life speeche, the context which we use is important. We cannot use the medical terms such as lung, surgeon, catling, etc. in our department which is  english language teaching. 




The video which integrated within shows us the words which are frequent and  infrequent. As I am a prospective teacher I can apply the same application to my student and can easily observe them which words they know and most, or which words they do not know; in other words, which they use not much in their speaking or writing. As a result of this, I can improve their language profile step by step. So, it is again depends on their knowledge about the language. I am not sure but if I give my students an advanced reading material probably they cannot guess and know the words in the text; however if I give them a text whhich is an intermediate level as a teacher both I and the learner whom I teach focus on more interaction and enjoyable teaching in terms of both of them and me.



The main difference between a word cloud and  vocabulary profiler is whhile the word cloud is more based on the finding the main point of text in terms of students, vocabulary profile is based on finding the words which are used in terms of teachers for learners, so it more broader than word cloud because you, as a teacher see what the learners should get from the text an important. Therefore, I can say that I would use the word cloud as student when I have a homework and vocabulary profile when I will be  teacher to capture my students' knowledge.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder